(1) Maintaining, defending or settling an action or proceeding;
(2) Holding meetings of its members or managers or carrying on any other activity concerning its internal affairs;
(3) Maintaining bank accounts;
(4) Maintaining offices or agencies for the transfer, exchange and registration of the foreign company's own securities or maintaining trustees or depositories with respect to those securities;
(5) Selling through independent contractors;
(6) Soliciting or obtaining orders, whether by mail or through employees or agents or otherwise, if the orders require acceptance outside this state before they become contracts;
(7) Creating or acquiring indebtedness, mortgages or security interests in real or personal property;
(8) Securing or collecting debts or enforcing mortgages or other security interests in property securing the debts, and holding, protecting and maintaining property so acquired;
(9) Conducting an isolated transaction that is completed within thirty days and is not one in the course of similar transactions of a like manner;
(10) Transacting business in interstate commerce;
(11) Applying for withholding tax on an employee residing in the State of West Virginia who works for the foreign limited liability company in another state; and
(12) Holding all, or a portion thereof, of the outstanding stock of another corporation authorized to transact business in the State of West Virginia: Provided, That the foreign limited liability company does not produce goods, services or otherwise conduct business in the State of West Virginia.
(b) For purposes of this article, the ownership in this state of income-producing real property or tangible personal property, other than property excluded under subsection (a) of this section, constitutes transacting business in this state.
(c) This section does not apply in determining the contacts or activities that may subject a foreign limited liability company to service of process, taxation or regulation under any other law of this state.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.