(b) A member of a corporation is entitled to inspect, during regular business hours at a reasonable location specified by the corporation, any of the following records of the corporation if the member meets the requirements of subsection (c) of this section and gives the corporation written notice of his or her demand at least five business days before the date on which he or she wishes to inspect and copy:
(1) Excerpts from minutes of any meeting of the board of directors, records of any action of a committee of the board of directors while acting in place of the board of directors on behalf of the corporation, minutes of any meeting of the members, and records of action taken by the members or board of directors without a meeting, to the extent not subject to inspection under subsection (a) of this section;
(2) Accounting records of the corporation; and
(3) The record of members.
(c) A member may inspect and copy the records described in subdivisions (1) and (2), subsection (b) of this section and may inspect the records described in subdivision (3), subsection (b) of this section only if:
(1) His or her demand is made in good faith and for a proper purpose;
(2) He or she describes with reasonable particularity his or her purpose and the records he or she desires to inspect; and
(3) The records are directly connected with his or her purpose.
(d) A member may not copy the records described in subdivision (3), subsection (b) of this section unless provided for in the corporation's articles of incorporation or bylaws.
(e) The right of inspection granted by this section may not be abolished or limited by a corporation's articles of incorporation or bylaws.
(f) This section does not affect:
(1) The right of a member to inspect records under section seven hundred twenty, article seven of this chapter or, if the member is in litigation with the corporation, to the same extent as any other litigant; or
(2) The power of a circuit court, independently of this chapter, to compel the production of corporate records for examination.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2013 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.