(1) Modify lines of succession to accommodate the incapacity of any director, officer, employee or agent; and
(2) Relocate the principal office, designate alternative principal offices or regional offices or authorize the officers to do so.
(b) During an emergency defined in subsection (d) of this section, unless emergency bylaws provide otherwise:
(1) Notice of a meeting of the board of directors need be given only to those directors whom it is practicable to reach and may be given in any practicable manner, including by publication and radio; and
(2) One or more officers of the corporation present at a meeting of the board of directors may be deemed to be directors for the meeting, in order of rank and within the same rank in order of seniority, as necessary to achieve a quorum.
(c) Corporate action taken in good faith during an emergency under this section to further the ordinary business affairs of the corporation:
(1) Binds the corporation; and
(2) May not be used to impose liability on a corporate director, officer, employee or agent.
(d) An emergency exists for purposes of this section if a quorum of the corporation's directors cannot readily be assembled because of some catastrophic event.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.