(b) The right to examination authorized by subsection (a) of this section and any right to inspect the list of members provided by a credit union's bylaws to an extent greater than that provided by this section may be denied to any member or group of members upon the refusal of any such member or group of members to furnish the credit union with an affidavit that such examination or inspection is not desired for any purpose which is in the interest of a business or object other than the business of the credit union.
(c) Notwithstanding any provision of this section or common law, no member or group of members shall have the right to obtain, inspect or copy any portion of any books or records of a credit union containing:
(1) Individual deposit or loan balances or records regarding other credit union members or information respecting their personal affairs; or
(2) Any data from which such information could be reasonably constructed.
(d) For purposes of this section, a confidential record includes, but is not limited to, the following:
(1) Any document or information relating to a nonpublic market strategy or plan of the credit union;
(2) Any document or information relating to matters declared confidential under state or federal law, including, but not limited to, credit union regulatory reports; and
(3) Any document or information deemed by the credit union as proprietary relating to the loan policy established by the credit union.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.