(1) Member of an at-will company for its fair value determined as of the date of the member's dissociation if the member's dissociation does not result in a dissolution and winding up of the company's business under section 8-801; or
(2) Member of a term company for its fair value determined as of the date of the expiration of the specified term that existed on the date of the member's dissociation if the expiration of the specified term does not result in a dissolution and winding up of the company's business under section 8-801.
(b) A limited liability company must deliver a purchase offer to the dissociated member whose distributional interest is entitled to be purchased not later than thirty days after the date determined under subsection (a) of this section. The purchase offer must be accompanied by:
(1) A statement of the company's assets and liabilities as of the date determined under subsection (a) of this section;
(2) The latest available balance sheet and income statement, if any; and
(3) An explanation of how the estimated amount of the payment was calculated.
(c) If the price and other terms of a purchase of a distributional interest are fixed or are to be determined by the operating agreement, the price and terms so fixed or determined govern the purchase unless the purchaser defaults. If a default occurs, the dissociated member is entitled to commence a proceeding to have the company dissolved under section 8-801(b)(5)(iv).
(d) If an agreement to purchase the distributional interest is not made within one hundred twenty days after the date determined under subsection (a) of this section, the dissociated member, within another one hundred twenty days, may commence a proceeding against the limited liability company to enforce the purchase. The company at its expense shall notify in writing all of the remaining members, and any other person the court directs, of the commencement of the proceeding. The jurisdiction of the court in which the proceeding is commenced under this subsection is plenary and exclusive.
(e) The court shall determine the fair value of the distributional interest in accordance with the standards set forth in section 7-702 together with the terms for the purchase. Upon making these determinations, the court shall order the limited liability company to purchase or cause the purchase of the interest.
(f) Damages for wrongful dissociation under section 6-602(b), and all other amounts owing, whether or not currently due, from the dissociated member to a limited liability company, must be offset against the purchase price.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2013 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.