(1) Each member has equal rights in the management and conduct of the company's business; and
(2) Except as otherwise provided in subsection (c) of this section or in section 8-801(b)(3)(i), any matter relating to the business of the company may be decided by a majority of the members.
(b) In a manager-managed company:
(1) Each manager has equal rights in the management and conduct of the company's business;
(2) Except as otherwise provided in subsection (c) of this section or in section 8-801(b)(3)(i), any matter relating to the business of the company may be exclusively decided by the manager or, if there is more than one manager, by a majority of the managers; and
(3) A manager:
(i) Must be designated, appointed, elected, removed or replaced by a vote, approval or consent of a majority of the members; and
(ii) Holds office until a successor has been elected and qualified, unless the manager sooner resigns or is removed.
(c) The only matters of a member or manager-managed company'sbusiness requiring the consent of all of the members are:
(1) The amendment of the operating agreement under section 1-103;
(2) The authorization or ratification of acts or transactions under section 1-103(b)(2)(ii) which would otherwise violate the duty of loyalty;
(3) An amendment to the articles of organization under section 2-204;
(4) The compromise of an obligation to make a contribution under section 4-402(b);
(5) The compromise, as among members, of an obligation of a member to make a contribution or return money or other property paid or distributed in violation of this chapter;
(6) The making of interim distributions under section 4-405(a), including the redemption of an interest;
(7) The admission of a new member;
(8) The use of the company's property to redeem an interest subject to a charging order;
(9) The consent to dissolve the company under section 8-801(b)(2);
(10) A waiver of the right to have the company's business wound up and the company terminated under section 8-802(b);
(11) The consent of members to merge with another entity undersection 9-904(c)(1); and
(12) The sale, lease, exchange or other disposal of all, or substantially all, of the company's property with or without goodwill.
(d) Action requiring the consent of members or managers under this chapter may be taken or without a meeting.
(e) A member or manager may appoint a proxy to vote or otherwise act for the member or manager by signing an appointment instrument, either personally or by the member's or manager's attorney-in-fact.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.