(1) The name of the company;
(2) The address of the initial designated office in West Virginia, if any, and the mailing address of the principal office;
(3) The name and address of the initial agent for service of process, if any;
(4) The name and address of each organizer and of each member having authority to execute instruments on behalf of the limited liability company;
(5) Whether the company is to be a term company and, if so, the term specified;
(6) Whether the company is to be manager-managed and, if so, the name and address of each initial manager;
(7) Whether one or more of the members of the company are to be liable for its debts and obligations under section 3-303(c);
(8) The purpose or purposes for which the limited liability company is organized; and
(9) An e-mail address where informational notices and reminders of annual filings may be sent, unless there is a technical inability to comply.
(b) Articles of organization of a limited liability company may set forth:
(1) Provisions permitted to be set forth in an operating agreement; or
(2) Other matters not inconsistent with law.
(c) Articles of organization of a limited liability company may not vary the nonwaivable provisions of section 1-103(b). As to all other matters, if any provision of an operating agreement is inconsistent with the articles of organization:
(1) The operating agreement controls as to managers, members and members' transferees; and
(2) The articles of organization control as to persons other than managers, members and their transferees who reasonably rely on the articles to their detriment.
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.