(1) Providing funds for new construction, rehabilitation, repair or acquisition of housing to assist low or moderate income citizens including land and land improvements;
(2) Providing matching funds for federal housing moneys requiring a local or state match;
(3) Providing funds for administrative costs for housing assistance programs or nonprofit organizations eligible for funding pursuant to subsection (b) of this section if the grants or loans provided will substantially increase the recipient's access to housing funds or increase its capacity to supply affordable housing;
(4) Providing loan guarantees and other financial mechanisms to facilitate the provision of housing products or services;
(5) Providing funds for down payments, closing costs, foreclosure prevention, home ownership counseling and security bonds which facilitate the construction, rehabilitation, repair or acquisition of housing by low to moderate income citizens;
(6) Providing risk underwriting products not provided by private sector entities to facilitate broader accessibility of citizens to other federal or state housing funds or loan programs. The products shall be established using professional risk underwriting standards and separate corporate vehicles may be created and capitalized by the Trust Fund to provide the products; and
(7) Providing start-up funds for initial operational expenses of local government programs to reduce substandard housing or inappropriate land use patterns.
(b) Organizations eligible for funding from the Trust Fund include the following: (1) Local governments; (2) local government housing authorities; (3) nonprofit organizations recognized as exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, as amended, codified in 26 U.S.C. §501 (c)(3), and which are organized and operated exclusively for charitable purposes within the meaning of that section, and in accordance with those purposes provide assistance to low or moderate income citizens of this state; and (4) regional or statewide housing assistance organizations that have been recognized as exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, as amended, and which provide assistance to low and moderate income or low income citizens of this state.