(a) The applicant has never had a mortgage loan originator license revoked in any governmental jurisdiction, except that a subsequent formal vacation of the revocation may not be considered a revocation.
(b) The applicant has not been convicted of, or pled guilty or nolo contendere to, a felony in a domestic, foreign or military court: Provided, That any pardon of a conviction may not be a conviction for purposes of this subsection:
(1) During the seven-year period preceding the date of the application for licensing and registration; or
(2) At any time preceding the date of application if the felony involved an act of fraud, dishonesty or a breach of trust, or money laundering.
(c) The applicant has demonstrated financial responsibility, character and general fitness such as to command the confidence of the community and to warrant a determination that the mortgage loan originator will operate honestly, fairly and efficiently within the purposes of this article.
For purposes of this subsection a person has shown that he or she is not financially responsible when he or she has shown a disregard in the management of his or her own financial condition. The commissioner shall not use a credit score as the sole basis for license denial. A determination that an individual has not shown financial responsibility may include, but not be limited to:
(1) Current outstanding judgments, except judgments solely as a result of medical expenses;
(2) Current outstanding tax liens or other government liens and filings;
(3) Foreclosures within the past three years; and
(4) A pattern of seriously delinquent accounts within the past three years.
(d) The applicant has completed the prelicensing education requirement described in section six of this article.
(e) The applicant has passed a written test that meets the test requirement described in section seven of this article.
(f) The applicant has met the surety bond requirement as required pursuant to section thirteen of this article.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.