(1) The undertaking of projects by the steel and steel-related industries will benefit the people of the state by creating or preserving jobs and employment opportunities; and
(2) The undertaking of projects by the steel and steel-related industries will allow them to compete more effectively in the marketplace.
(b) Projects eligible to receive assistance under the steel futures program may include, but are not limited to, the following:
(1) Research and development specifically related to steel and steel-related industries and feasibility studies for business development within these industries;
(2) Employee training;
(3) Labor and management relations; and
(4) Technology-driven capital investment.
(c) Financial and technical assistance may be in the form and conditioned upon terms as stipulated by each enterprise assistance program administered by the West Virginia development office. No later than the thirtieth day of June, one thousand nine hundred ninety-four, and no later than the thirtieth day of June of each year thereafter, the commission shall submit a report to the governor and Legislature describing projects of the steel futures program, results obtained from completed projects of the program and program projects for the next fiscal year.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2013 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.