The board has all the powers set forth in article one of this chapter, and in addition may:
(1) Sue and be sued in its official name as an agency of this state;
(2) Hire, fix the compensation of and discharge the employees necessary for the administration of this article;
(3) Examine and determine the qualifications of any applicant for a license;
(4) Issue, renew, deny, suspend, revoke or reinstate licenses and take disciplinary action against licensees;
(5) Investigate alleged violations of the provisions of this article, reasonable rules promulgated hereunder and orders and final decisions of the board;
(6) Conduct hearings upon charges calling for the revocation or suspension of a license or take disciplinary action against a licensee, firm or substantial equivalency practitioner;
(7) Cooperate with the appropriate authorities in other states in the investigation and enforcement of violations of this article or comparable acts of other states;
(8) Propose rules in accordance with the provisions of article three, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code; and
(9) Take all other actions necessary and proper to effectuate the purposes of this article.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.