(b) Applications for the issuance of authorizations must be made in the form specified by the board by rule.
(c) Authorizations will initially be issued for a period to expire on the thirtieth day of June following the date of initial issuance.
(d) The board shall issue an authorization to a permit holder that demonstrates that:
(1) Any certified public accountant, public accountant or substantial equivalency practitioner who signs or authorizes someone to sign an attest or compilation report on behalf of the permit holder meets the competency requirements set forth in the professional standards for those services specified by rule;
(2) All attest and compilation services rendered by the permit holder in this state are verified by a certified public accountant, substantial equivalency practitioner or a public accountant; and
(3) The permit holder is undergoing a peer review program that conforms with applicable rules.
(e) A firm may simultaneously apply for the issuance or renewal of a permit and the issuance or renewal of an authorization by demonstrating that the firm meets the requirements of section seventeen of this article and subsection (d) of this section.
(f) The board shall issue an authorization to an individual practitioner who demonstrates that he or she:
(1) Signs an attest or compilation report as a certified public accountant, public accountant or substantial equivalency practitioner, as applicable and meets the competency requirements set forth in the professional standards for those services specified by rule; and
(2) Is undergoing a peer review program that conforms with applicable rules.
(g) The board shall renew an authorization for a one year period beginning on the first day of July of each year after initial issuance in accordance with the requirements for initial issuance of an authorization in this section.
(h) The board shall charge an application fee for the initial issuance or renewal of an authorization in an amount specified by rule.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2012 1st Special Session