(a) To be eligible for a license to engage in the practice of optometry, the applicant must:
(1) Be at least twenty-one years of age;
(2) Be of good moral character;
(3) Graduate from a school approved by the Accreditation Council on Optometric Education or successor organization;
(4) Pass an examination prescribed by the board;
(5) Complete an interview with the board;
(6) Not be addicted to the use of alcohol, drugs or other controlled substances;
(7) Not have been convicted of a felony in any jurisdiction within ten years preceding the date of application for license, which conviction has not been reversed; and
(8) Not have been convicted of a misdemeanor or felony in any jurisdiction if the offense for which he or she was convicted related to the practice of optometry, which conviction has not been reversed.
(b) A registration to practice issued by the board prior to July 1, 2010, shall for all purposes be considered a license issued under this article: Provided, That a person holding a registration issued prior to July 1, 2010, must renew pursuant to the provisions of this article.
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.