(a) The board may issue a license to practice to an applicant of good moral character who holds a valid license or other authorization to practice optometry from another jurisdiction, if the applicant demonstrates that he or she:
(1) Holds a license or other authorization to practice optometry in another state which requirements are substantially equivalent to those required in this state;
(2) Does not have charges pending against his or her license or other authorization to practice, and has never had a license or other authorization to practice revoked;
(3) Has not previously failed an examination for professional licensure in this state;
(4) Has paid the applicable fee;
(5) Has passed the examination prescribed by the board; and
(6) Has fulfilled any other requirement specified by the board.
(b) In its discretion, the board may interview and examine an applicant for licensing under this section. The board may enter into agreements for reciprocal licensing with other jurisdictions having substantially similar requirements for licensure.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.