For the purposes of this article, the following words and terms have the meanings ascribed to them, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise.
(1) "Board" means the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Registered Professional Nurses.
(2) "Major mental illness" means a diagnosis of a mental disorder within the axis of psychotic or affective or mood, alcohol or chemical abuse or alcohol or chemical dependency as stipulated in the International Code of Diagnosis.
(3) "Nurse" means those health care professionals licensed by the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Registered Professional Nurses.
(4) "Nurse health program" means a program meeting the requirements of this article.
(5) "Qualifying illness" means the diagnosis of alcohol or substance abuse, alcohol or substance dependency or major mental
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.