(a) The West Virginia Board of Examiners for Registered Professional Nurses has sole authority to deny, suspend, revoke or limit any medication assistive person certificate issued by the board or applied for in accordance with the provisions of this article or to otherwise discipline a certificate holder upon proof that the person:
(1) Is or was guilty of fraud or deceit in procuring or attempting to procure a certificate to practice as a medication aide certified;
(2) Has been found guilty of or pled guilty or nolo contendere to a felony, crime of moral turpitude or violation of chapter sixty-a of this code;
(3) Is unfit or incompetent by reason of negligence, habits or other causes;
(4) Is habitually intemperate or is addicted to the use of habit-forming drugs;
(5) Is mentally incompetent;
(6) Is guilty of unprofessional conduct;
(7) Is practicing or attempting to practice as a medication aide certified without a certification;
(8) Has had a license, certificate, or registration revoked or suspended;
(9) Has been placed on probation or under disciplinary order in any jurisdiction;
(10) Has voluntarily surrendered a license, certification, or registration and has not been reinstated in any jurisdiction; or
(11) Has willfully or repeatedly violated any of the provisions of this article.
(b) The board shall refuse to issue or shall revoke the certificate of any person who would be disqualified from employment under the provisions of this law or the rules governing the practice of the medication assistive person.
(c) Proceedings under this section shall be conducted in accordance with the West Virginia Administrative Procedure Act, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code.