As used in this article:
(1) "Board" means the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Registered Professional Nurses;
(2) "Designated facility" means a type of facility determined by the board as an environment in which medication assistive persons may serve in accordance with the requirements of this article and rules promulgated by the board;
(3) "Medication assistive person" means a person who is certified by the board to administer certain nonprescription and legend drugs in designated facilities;
(4) "Supervision" means the active oversight of patient care services while on the premises of a designated facility in a manner defined by the board; and
(5) "MA-C" is the designation for a person who is certified as a medication assistive person.