(a) The Board may:
(1) Adopt and amend rules consistent with this article necessary to enable it to carry into effect the provisions of this article, including disciplinary rules;
(2) Prescribe standards for preparing individuals for the role of dialysis technician under this article;
(3) Provide for standards for approved dialysis technician training programs;
(4) Accredit educational programs for the preparation of dialysis technicians that meet the requirements of this article;
(5) Provide surveys of educational programs when the Board considers it necessary;
(6) Approve, reapprove and prescribe standards for testing organizations and the tests offered by organizations for dialysis technicians;
(7) Deny or withdraw approval of testing organizations;
(8) Prescribe standards for dialysis technician trainees;
(9) Issue, renew or revoke temporary permits, endorsements and certifications for dialysis technicians;
(10) Deny or withdraw accreditation of approved dialysis technician training programs for failure to meet or maintain prescribed standards required by this article and by the Board;
(11) Conduct hearings upon charges calling for discipline of a dialysis technician;
(12) Keep a record of all proceedings of the Board; and
(13) Further regulate, as necessary, dialysis technicians: Provided, That the Board is not authorized to establish staffing ratios.
(b) The Board shall propose rules for legislative approval in accordance with the provisions of article three, chapter twenty-nine-a of the code to:
(1) Prescribe standards for training programs;
(2) Prescribe testing standards and requirements;
(3) Prescribe requirements for persons and organizations providing training programs and testing services;
(4) Assess fees for the certification of dialysis technicians, approval of training programs, tests and providers of training programs and testing services, and other services performed by the Board; and
(5) Provide for any other requirements necessary to carry out the purposes of this article.
(c) The Board may promulgate emergency rules pursuant to the provisions of section fifteen, article three, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code for the purposes set forth in this section. Notwithstanding the provisions of section fifteen, article three, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code to the contrary, the legislative rule proposed by the Board of Registered Professional Nurses entitled "Dialysis Technicians", [19CSR13] and authorized as an emergency rule by the Secretary of State on the fifth day of August, two thousand five, shall continue in full force and effect as an emergency rule until the first day of July, two thousand seven, unless disapproved or authorized as a legislative rule, or otherwise amended by an Act of the Legislature.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.