As used in this article:
(1) "Approved dialysis technician training program" means any board approved program used to train dialysis technicians including, but not limited to, a Board approved dialysis facility-sponsored training program or another state approved program.
(2) "Board" means the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Registered Professional Nurses.
(3) "Dialysis care" means performing and monitoring dialysis procedures which includes initiating and discontinuing dialysis, drawing blood, and administering medications authorized under section seven of this article.
(4) "Dialysis technician trainee" means an individual enrolled in an approved dialysis technician program.
(5) "Direct supervision" means initial and ongoing direction, procedural guidance, observation and evaluation, and the on-site presence of a registered nurse or physician.
(6) "Facility" means any entity that is certified by the Office of Health Facilities Licensure and Certification to provide dialysis services.
(7) "West Virginia dialysis technician or dialysis technician" means an individual certified by the Board who has successfully completed an approved dialysis technician training program and who has achieved national certification as a dialysis technician, or an individual who meets the requirements set forth in subsection (b), section three of this article.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.