(a) Members of the board serve without compensation, but may be reimbursed for actual and necessary expenses incurred for each day, or portion thereof, in which they are engaged in the discharge of official duties. Reimbursements are made in a manner consistent with guidelines of the travel management office of the commission.
(b) The commission shall provide reimbursement for members' expenses from the Center for Nursing Fund.
The board of directors shall have the following powers and duties:
(1) Employ an executive director and other personnel necessary to carry out the provisions of this article;
(2) Determine operational policy;
(3) Seek and accept public and private funding;
(4) Expend money from the center for nursing fund to carry out the purposes of this article;
(5) Propose rules for legislative approval in accordance with the provisions of article three, chapter twenty-nine of this code to implement the provisions of this article;
(6) Impanel an advisory committee of stakeholders to provide consultation to the board; and
(7) Do such other acts as necessary to alleviate the nursing shortage in West Virginia.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.