(a) The center is governed by a board of directors consisting of the following members appointed by the Governor:
(1) Two representatives from the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Registered Professional Nurses, as follows:
(A) One representing a bachelor or higher degree program; and
(B) One representing an associate degree program;
(2) One representative from the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Licensed Practical Nurses;
(3) One representative from the West Virginia Nurses Association;
(4) One nurse representing a rural health care facility;
(5) One director of nursing;
(6) One health care administrator;
(7) One registered professional staff nurse engaged in direct patient care;
(8) One licensed practical nurse engaged in direct patient care;
(9) Two citizen members as required by section four-a, article one, chapter thirty of this code;
(10) Two ex officio, nonvoting members, as follows:
(A) The Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Resources or his or her designee; and
(B) A representative from WorkForce West Virginia.
(b) Members are appointed for four-year terms. A member may not serve more than two consecutive terms.
(c) The board shall elect annually from its voting members a president and a secretary as required by section three, article one, chapter thirty of this code. A majority of the appointed members constitutes a quorum.
(d) The Governor shall fill any vacancy within thirty days of occurrence.
(e) The members of the board who are in office on the
effective date of this section, unless sooner removed, shall
continue to serve until their successors have been appointed and
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.