(a) The West Virginia Center for Nursing is continued for the purpose of addressing the issues of recruitment and retention of nurses in West Virginia.
(b) The commission shall satisfy the following requirements:
(1) Provide suitable office space for the center;
(2) Provide staff support for the center as necessary;
(3) Share statistics and other pertinent information with the center;
(4) Work cooperatively with the center to assist it in achieving its objectives; and
(5) Utilize moneys from the Center for Nursing Fund to perform its duties required by this article.
(a) "Board" means the board of directors for the West Virginia center for nursing.
(b) "Center" means the West Virginia center for nursing.
(c) "Direct patient care", as used in this article, means health care that provides for the physical, emotional, diagnostic or rehabilitative needs of a patient, or health care that involves examination, treatment or preparation for diagnostic tests or procedures.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.