The provisions of this article shall not be construed as prohibiting:
(1) The care of a sick, disabled, injured, crippled or infirm person by a member or members of such person's family, or by close relatives, or by domestic servants, housekeepers or household aides thereof, whether employed regularly or because of emergency circumstances due to illness or other disabilities.
(2) The work and services of auxiliary hospital personnel, such as nursing aides, maids, orderlies, technicians, volunteer workers and other like hospital employees.
(3) Practical nursing by students enrolled in accredited schools for practical nursing incidental to their course of study.
(4) Practice of nursing in this state by any legally qualified practical nurse of another state or country for a period not to exceed six months or whose engagement requires such practical nurse to accompany and care for a patient temporarily residing in this state during the period of such engagement.
(5) Nursing services rendered by a graduate of an approved school of practical nursing working under qualified supervision during the period between completion of his or her course of nursing education and notification of the results of the first licensing examination following graduation. In cases of hardship and upon petition to the board, the board may grant an extension of such period to such graduate.
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.