(1) Is of good moral character and temperate habits;
(2) Is eighteen years of age or over;
(3) A citizen of the United States or be eligible for employment in the United States;
(4) Has a high school diploma or its equivalent;
(5) Has completed one of the education requirements for an embalmer's license, as set out in subdivision (5), subsection (a), section eight of this article;
(6) Is not attending school and will not be attending school during the apprenticeship period; and
(7) Has paid the appropriate fees.
(b) Any person that commences an apprenticeship prior to the first day of January, two thousand three, may continue to serve such apprenticeship and is not subject to the requirements set forth in this section, but is subject to board approval.
(c) The board may set the requirements for an apprenticeship, including the manner in which it shall be served and the length of time, which shall not be more than one year.
(d) No licensed funeral director or licensed embalmer shall be permitted to register or have registered more than five apprentices under his or her license at the same time.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2012 1st Special Session