(a) To be eligible for a license to practice pharmacist care under the provisions of this article, the applicant shall:
(1) Submit a written application to the board;
(2) Be eighteen years of age or older;
(3) Pay all applicable fees;
(4) Graduate from an accredited school of pharmacy;
(5) Complete at least fifteen hundred hours of internship in a pharmacy under the instruction and supervision of a pharmacist;
(6) Pass an examination or examinations approved by the board;
(7) Not be an alcohol or drug abuser, as these terms are defined in section eleven, article one-a, chapter twenty-seven of this code: Provided, That an applicant in an active recovery process, which may, in the discretion of the board, be evidenced by participation in a twelve-step program or other similar group or process, may be considered;
(8) Present to the board satisfactory evidence that he or she is a person of good moral character, has not been convicted of a felony involving controlled substances or violent crime;
(9) Not been convicted in any jurisdiction of a felony or any crime which bears a rational nexus to the individual's ability to practice pharmacist care; and
(10) Has fulfilled any other requirement specified by the board in rule.
(b) An applicant from another jurisdiction shall comply with all the requirements of this article.
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.