(a) A licensed pharmacist may:
(1) Provide care related to the interpretation, evaluation, and implementation of medical orders;
(2) Dispense of prescription drug orders; participate in drug and device selection;
(3) Provide drug administration;
(4) Provide drug regimen review;
(5) Provide drug or drug-related research;
(6) Perform patient counseling;
(7) Provide pharmacy related primary care;
(8) Provide pharmacist care in all areas of patient care, including collaborative pharmacy practice;
(9) Compound and label drugs and drug devices;
(10) Proper and safe storage of drugs and devices;
(11) Maintain proper records;
(12) Provide patient counseling concerning the therapeutic value and proper use of drugs and devices;
(13) Order laboratory tests in accordance with drug therapy management; and
(14) Provide medication therapy management.
(b) A licensee meeting the requirements as promulgated by legislative rule may administer immunizations.
(c) The sale of any medicine, if the contents of its container, or any part thereof, taken at one time, are likely to prove poisonous, deleterious, or habit-forming is prohibited by any person other than a registered pharmacist, who shall take precautions to acquaint the purchaser of the nature of the medicine at the time of sale.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.