(a) The commission may propose rules for legislative approval in accordance with the provisions of article three, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code which are necessary for the conduct of its business, the holding of hearings and for the general implementation, enforcement and administration of the provisions of this article, including, but not limited to, establishing, administering and governing the following:
(1) Fees for applications, examinations, licenses, renewal of licenses, changes to licenses requiring reissuance, courses, investigations, copies of records, license certifications and other fees considered necessary by the commission, none of which shall be prorated or refundable: Provided, That the fee schedule in effect prior to enactment of this article, enumerated in section nine, article twelve, chapter forty-seven of this code, shall continue to be effective until withdrawn, revoked or amended;
(2) The minimum requirements and qualifications necessary for approval by the commission of providers, instructors and the course content of any prelicense education course required in section fourteen of this article;
(3) The experience required of an applicant;
(4) The minimum standards for licensure;
(5) The standards for examinations;
(6) The minimum requirements and qualifications necessary for approval by the commission of providers, instructors and courses of continuing professional education required by section sixteen of this article;
(7) Continuing professional education requirements for licensees, including any exemptions;
(8) Renewal of licenses;
(9) Use of firm or trade name;
(10) Denying, suspending, revoking or reinstating a license;
(11) Form and use of contracts used in a real estate transaction;
(12) Notification required to clients or customers of agency relationship;
(13) Professional conduct requirements; and
(14) Any other purpose to carry out the requirements of this article or to protect the public interest.
(b) All rules in effect as of the passage of this article previously promulgated by the commission pursuant to article twelve, chapter forty-seven of this code will remain in effect until amended, modified, repealed or replaced, except that references to provisions of former enactments of this article are interpreted to mean provisions of this article.