(b) In order to obtain a license in this state, a nonresident applicant must:
(1) Submit the appropriate application and fee, if any;
(2) Sign a statement that the applicant has read the real estate license law and rules of this state and agrees to abide by those provisions in all brokerage activity conducted in this state;
(3) Cause the real estate licensing body of the applicant's resident jurisdiction to furnish a certification of licensure which shall contain a clear record of any disciplinary actions;
(4) Cause the real estate licensing body of any other jurisdiction where the applicant currently holds or has held a real estate license to furnish a certification of licensure which shall contain a clear record of any disciplinary actions;
(5) File with the commission an irrevocable written designation that appoints the executive director of the commission to act as the nonresident licensee's agent, upon whom all judicial and other process or legal notices directed to the licensee may be served. The designation must stipulate and agree that service upon the executive director is equivalent to personal service upon the licensee. A copy of the designation of appointment, certified by the seal of the commission, may be admitted into evidence with the same force and affect as the original. The executive director shall mail a copy of any process or legal notice immediately upon receipt, by certified mail, to the last known business address of the licensee. No judgment by default may be taken in any action or proceeding until after thirty days of mailing and then only upon certification by the executive director that a copy of the judicial, other process or legal notice was mailed as required; and
(6) File with the commission, a bond in the penalty of two thousand dollars if the applicant wishes to maintain an active license in this state. The bond must be issued by a recognized surety and must be for the benefit of and to indemnify any person in this state who may have a cause of action against the principal.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2012 1st Special Session