The provisions of this article do not apply to:
(1) A licensed physician or surgeon in the practice of his or her profession when rendering dental relief in emergency cases, unless he or she undertakes to reproduce or reproduces lost parts of the human teeth or to restore or replace lost or missing teeth in the human mouth;
(2) A dental laboratory in the performance of dental laboratory services, while the dental laboratory, in the performance of the work, conforms in all respects to the requirements of article four-b of this chapter and further does not apply to persons performing dental laboratory services under the direct supervision of a licensed dentist or under the direct supervision of a person authorized under this article to perform any of the acts in this article defined to constitute the practice of dentistry while the work is performed in connection with, and as a part of, the dental practice of the licensed dentist or other authorized person and for his or her dental patients;
(3) A student enrolled in and regularly attending any dental college recognized by the board, provided their acts are done in the dental college and under the direct and personal supervision of their instructor;
(4) A student enrolled in and regularly attending any dental college, recognized by the board, practicing dentistry in a public health setting, provided their acts are done under the direct supervision of their instructor, adjunct instructor or a dentist;
(5) An authorized dentist of another state temporarily operating a clinic under the auspices of a organized and reputable dental college or reputable dental society, or to one lecturing before a reputable society composed exclusively of dentists; or
(6) A dentists whose practice is confined exclusively to the service of the United States Army, the United States Navy, the United States Air Force, The United States Coast Guard, the United States Public Health Service, the United States Veteran's Bureau or any other authorized United States government agency or bureau.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.