(1) Perform a complete prophylaxis, including the removal of any deposit, accretion or stain from supra and subgingival, the surface of a tooth or a restoration;
(2) Apply a medicinal agent to a tooth for a prophylactic purpose;
(3) Take a radiograph for interpretation by a dentist;
(4) Instruct a patient on proper oral hygiene practice;
(5) Place sealants on a patient's teeth without a prior examination by a licensed dentist: Provided, That for this subdivision, the dental hygienist has a public health practice permit issued by the board, and subject to a collaborative agreement with a supervising dentist and the patient is referred for a dental examination within six months of sealant application;
(6) Perform all delegated procedures of a dental hygienist specified by rule by the board; and
(7) Performing all delegated procedures of a dental assistant specified by rule by the board.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.