(1) Is at least eighteen years of age;
(2) Is of good moral character;
(3) Is a graduate with a degree in dental hygiene from an approved dental hygiene program of a college, school or dental department of a university;
(4) Has passed the national board dental hygiene examination, a regional or state clinical examination and a state law examination that tests the applicant's knowledge of subjects specified by the board by rule;
(5) Has not been found guilty of cheating, deception or fraud in the examination or any part of the application; and
(6) Has paid the application fee specified by rule.
(b) A dental hygienist license issued by the board prior to the first day of February, two thousand one, shall for all purposes be considered a dental hygienist license issued under this section: Provided, That a person holding a dental hygienist license issued prior to the first day of February, two thousand one, must renew the license pursuant to section twelve of this article.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2012 1st Special Session