In addition to the powers and duties set forth in this code for the boards, the boards shall:
(1) Establish the requirements for licenses and temporary licenses pursuant to this article;
(2) Establish the procedures for submitting, approving and rejecting applications for licenses and temporary licenses;
(3) Propose rules for legislative approval in accordance with the provisions of article three, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code to implement the provisions of this article;
(4) Compile and publish an annual report that includes a list of currently licensed physician assistants, their supervising physicians and their locations in the state; and
(5) Take all other actions necessary and proper to effectuate the purposes of this article.