(a) The appropriate licensing board may grant a summer camp or volunteer endorsement to provide services at a children's summer camp or volunteer services for a public or community event to a physician assistant licensed from another jurisdiction who:
(1) Is currently licensed in another jurisdiction and has a current certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants;
(2) Has no current discipline, limitations or restrictions on his or her license;
(3) Has passed the Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination administered by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants;
(4) Has submitted a timely application;
(5) Has paid the applicable fees; and
(6) Attests that:
(A) The organizers of the summer camp and public or community event have arranged for a supervising physician to be available as needed to the physician assistant;
(B) The physician assistant shall limit his or her scope of practice to medical acts which are within his or her education, training and experience; and
(C) The physician assistant will not prescribe any controlled substances or legend drugs as part of his or her practice at the summer camp or public or community event; and
(7) Has fulfilled any other requirements specified by the appropriate board.
(b) A physician assistant may only receive one summer camp or volunteer endorsement annually. The endorsement is active for one specifically designated period annually, which period cannot exceed three weeks.