(1) "Boards" mean the West Virginia Board of Medicine and Board of Osteopathy.
(2) "Major mental illness" means a diagnosis of a mental disorder within the axis of psychotic or affective or mood, or alcohol or chemical abuse, or alcohol or chemical dependency, as stipulated in the International Code of Diagnosis.
(3) "Physician and physician assistant" mean those health care professionals licensed by the West Virginia Board of Medicine or the West Virginia Board of Osteopathy.
(4) "Podiatrist" means those individuals licensed by the West Virginia Board of Medicine to undertake the practice of podiatry.
(5) "Qualifying illness" means the diagnosis of alcohol or substance abuse or alcohol or substance dependency or major mental illness.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2012 1st Special Session