(a) An athlete agent, with the intent to induce a student-athlete to enter into an agency contract, may not:
(1) Give any materially false or misleading information or make a materially false promise or representation;
(2) Furnish anything of value to a student-athlete before the student-athlete enters into the agency contract; or
(3) Furnish anything of value to any individual other than the student-athlete or another registered athlete agent.
(b) An athlete agent may not intentionally:
(1) Initiate contact with a student-athlete unless registered under this article;
(2) Refuse or fail to retain or permit inspection of the records required to be retained by section thirteen of this article;
(3) Fail to register when required by section four of this article;
(4) Provide materially false or misleading information in an application for registration or renewal of registration;
(5) Predate or postdate an agency contract; or
(6) Fail to notify a student-athlete before the student-athlete signs or otherwise authenticates an agency contract for a particular sport that the signing or authentication may make the student-athlete ineligible to participate as a student-athlete in that sport.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.