(a) Upon application, the applicant, each owner who is an employee of or consultant for the applicant, and the controlling person of the firm seeking registration shall submit to a state and national criminal history record check, as set forth in this section.
(1) This requirement is found not to be against public policy.
(2) The criminal history record check shall be based on fingerprints submitted to the West Virginia State Police or its assigned agent for forwarding to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
(3) The applicant shall meet all requirements necessary to accomplish the state and national criminal history record check, including:
(A) Submitting fingerprints for the purposes set forth in this subsection; and
(B) Authorizing the board, the West Virginia State Police and the Federal Bureau of Investigation to use all records submitted and produced for the purpose of screening the applicant for a license.
(b) The results of the state and national criminal history record check may not be released to or by a private entity except:
(1) To the individual who is the subject of the criminal history record check;
(2) With the written authorization of the individual who is the subject of the criminal history record check; or
(3) Pursuant to a court order.
(c) The criminal history record check and related records are not public records for the purposes of chapter twenty-nine-b of this code.
(d) The applicant shall ensure that the criminal history record check is completed as soon as possible after the date of the original application for registration.
(e) The applicant shall pay the actual costs of the fingerprinting and criminal history record check.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.