(a) An appraisal management company shall have a designated controlling person who will ensure compliance with this article and will be the main contact for all communication between the board and the appraisal management company.
(b) The controlling person shall:
(1) Be of good character and reputation;
(2) Submit to national and state criminal background checks as set out in section eight of this article;
(3) Never have had a license or certificate to act as an appraiser refused, denied, canceled, revoked or surrendered in this state or any other jurisdiction and not subsequently granted or reinstated;
(4) Never have been a part of a firm that was permanently or temporarily enjoined by a court of competent jurisdiction from engaging in or continuing any conduct or practice involving appraisals, appraisal management services or operating an appraisal management company; and
(5) Never have been the subject of an order of the board or any other jurisdiction's appraisal management company regulatory agency that denied or revoked the applicant's or firm's privilege to operate as an appraisal management company.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.