(a) The board may propose rules for legislative approval in accordance with the provisions of article three, chapter twenty- nine-a of this code, to provide for:
(1) Licensure and certification requirements, including requirements for applications, examinations, reciprocity, temporary permits, apprentice permits and reinstatement;
(2) Registration requirements, including delinquent and expired registrations, for appraisal management companies under the provisions of article thirty-eight-a of this chapter;
(3) Fees for licenses, renewals of licenses and other services provided by the board;
(4) A fee schedule for registrations of appraisal management companies under the provisions of article thirty-eight-a of this chapter;
(5) Surety bond requirements for registrations of appraisal management companies under the provisions of article thirty-eight-a of this chapter;
(6) Requirements and procedures for appraisal management companies to maintain records under the provisions of article thirty-eight-a of this chapter;
(7) Experience, education and continuing education requirements and approval of courses; and
(8) Any other purpose to carry out the requirements of this article and article thirty-eight-a of this chapter.
(b) The rule governing appraiser qualifications must include requirements which meet or exceed the education, experience and examination requirements issued or endorsed by the appraisal qualifications board of the appraisal foundation.
(c) Any rules in effect on the effective date of the reenactment of this section during the regular session of the legislature in 2013 will remain in effect until amended, modified, repealed or replaced, except that references to provisions of former enactments of this act are interpreted to mean provisions of this article.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.