(a) Terms of license:
(1) The board shall provide for the term and renewal of licenses under this section;
(2) The term of a license may not be more than three years;
(3) A license expires at the end of its term, unless the license is renewed for a term as provided by the board.
(b) Renewal notice. At least one month before the license expires, the board shall send to the licensee, by first-class mail to the last known address of the licensee, a renewal notice that states:
(1) The date on which the current license expires;
(2) The date by which the renewal application must be received by the board for the renewal to be issued and mailed before the license expires; and
(3) The amount of the renewal fee.
(c) Applications for renewal. Before the license expires, the licensee periodically may renew it for an additional term, if the licensee:
(1) Otherwise is entitled to be licensed;
(2) Pays to the board a renewal fee set by the board; and
(3) Submits to the board:
(A) A renewal application on the form that the board requires;and
(B) Satisfactory evidence of compliance with any continuing education requirements set under this section for license renewal.
(d) In addition to any other qualifications and requirements established by the board, the board may establish continuing education requirements as a condition to the renewal of licenses under this section.
(e) The board shall renew the license of and issue a renewal certificate to each licensee who meets the requirements of this section.
(f) A licensee may advertise only as permitted by rules adopted by the board.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.