(a) The board may, in its discretion, perform the following functions and duties, depending on the financial resources available to the board:
(1) Promulgate rules in accordance with the provisions of chapter twenty-nine-a of this code to implement and effectuate the provisions of this article, including, but not limited to, legislative rules establishing the following:
(A) A code of professional ethics;
(B) Continuing education requirements and standards;
(C) Examination, licensure and renewal requirements of duly qualified applicants; and
(D) Procedures and guidelines for the suspension or revocation of a license.
(2) Adopt procedural and interpretive rules in accordance with the provisions of chapter twenty-nine-a of this code;
(3) Adopt an official seal;
(4) Conduct license examinations of duly qualified applicants;
(5) Issue and renew licenses and issue interim permits to duly qualified applicants;
(6) Impose and collect fees for the issuance and renewal of permits or licenses;
(7) Suspend, revoke and reinstate licenses;
(8) Conduct hearings on licensing issues and any other matter properly within the jurisdiction of the board;
(9) Maintain a record of all proceedings of the board; and
(10) Submit a biennial report to the governor describing the activities of the board.
(b) The Legislature finds and declares that this board is intended to be fully self supported through the fee structure provided for in this article, and that the board shall not require any legislative appropriation beyond the revenues the board receives in fees. Accordingly, in the event the board has insufficient moneys to perform its duties under this article, the board shall prioritize its duties under this article so at all times to remain within the money available to it through the fees established in this article. The board created in this article has only discretionary duties.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.