(a) Speech-language pathologists and audiologists supervising speech-language pathology and audiology assistants shall:
(1) Register with the board the name of each assistant working under their supervision;
(2) Be responsible for the performance of the assistant and for all services provided by the assistant, consistent with the board's designated standards and requirements; and
(3) Ensure that persons receiving services from an assistant receive prior written notification that services are to be provided by an assistant.
(b) The board shall establish rules to define the role of the speech-language pathology or audiology assistant, including, but not limited to:
(1) The supervisory responsibilities of the licensee;
(2) The ratio of assistants to licensees;
(3) The scope of duties and restrictions of assistants' responsibilities;
(4) The frequency, duration and documentation of direct, on-site supervision;
(5) The quantity and content of preservice and inservice instruction; and
(6) The procedures for renewing the registration of assistants and terminating their duties.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2012 1st Special Session