(a) Licensed speech-language pathologists and audiologists may provide services in this state by telepractice.
(b) Speech-language pathologists and audiologists providing services by telepractice shall deliver services consistent with the quality of services delivered in person, and shall:
(1) Acquire written informed consent from the student, patient or client before the services are provided;
(2) Maintain the confidentiality of the student, patient or client as required by law;
(3) Provide documentation of the delivery of services;
(4) Train assistants before allowing them to assist in the delivery of service by telepractice, and document the training and delivery of service by the assistants; and
(5) Meet any other requirements set by the board.
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.