(a) The board shall propose rules for legislative approval, in accordance with article three, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code, to implement this article, including:
(1) Additional standards and requirements for licenses and permits;
(2) Requirements for third parties to prepare and/or administer examinations and reexaminations;
(3) Educational and experience requirements;
(4) Standards for approval of courses and curriculum;
(5) Procedures for the issuance and renewal of licenses and permits;
(6) A fee schedule;
(7) Continuing education requirements for licensees;
(8) Qualifications for supervisors; providing type of required supervision; requirements that shall be included within a supervisory plan; and detailed periodic documentation and successful completion of supervision required;
(9) Baccalaureate degrees related to social work;
(10) Establish critical social work workforce shortage positions, setting, areas or fields of practice;
(11) Establishing credentialing guidelines identifying advanced social work practice in existing and emerging specializations, skills and settings;
(12) The procedures for denying, suspending, revoking, reinstating or limiting the practice of licensees and permitees;
(13) Requirements for inactive or revoked licenses and permits; and
(14) Any other rules necessary to implement this article.
(b) All of the board's rules in effect on January 1, 2011, shall remain in effect until they are amended or repealed, and references to former enactments of this article are interpreted to be consistent with this article.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.