(a) The board has all the powers and duties set forth in this article, by rule, in article one of this chapter and elsewhere in law.
(b) The board shall:
(1) Hold meetings;
(2) Establish requirements for licenses and permits;
(3) Establish procedures for submitting, approving and rejecting applications for licenses and permits;
(4) Determine the qualifications of an applicant for licenses and permits;
(5) Maintain records of the examinations the board or a third party administers, including the number of persons taking the examinations and the pass and fail rate;
(6) Hire, discharge, establish the job requirements and fix the compensation of the executive director;
(7) Maintain an office, and hire, discharge, establish the job requirements and fix the compensation of employees, investigators and contracted employees necessary to enforce this article;
(8) Investigate alleged violations of this article, legislative rules, orders and final decisions of the board;
(9) Conduct disciplinary hearings of persons regulated by the board;
(10) Determine disciplinary action and issue orders;
(11) Institute appropriate legal action for the enforcement of this article;
(12) Maintain an accurate registry of names and addresses of all persons regulated by the board;
(13) Keep accurate and complete records of its proceedings, and certify the same as may be necessary and appropriate;
(14) Establish the continuing education requirements for licensees;
(15) Issue, renew, combine, deny, suspend, revoke or reinstate licenses and permits;
(16) Establish a fee schedule;
(17) Propose rules in accordance with article three, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code to implement this article; and
(18) Take all other actions necessary and proper to implement this article.
(c) The board may:
(1) Contract with third parties to administer the examinations required under this article;
(2) Sue and be sued in its official name as an agency of this state; and
(3) Confer with the Attorney General or his or her assistant in connection with legal matters and questions.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.