(a) The board has all the powers and duties set forth in this article, by rule, in article one of this chapter and elsewhere in law.
(b) The board shall:
(1) Hold meetings;
(2) Establish requirements for licenses and permits;
(3) Establish procedures for submitting, approving and rejecting applications for licenses and permits;
(4) Determine the qualifications of an applicant for licenses and permits;
(5) Maintain records of the examinations the board or a third party administers, including the number of persons taking the examinations and the pass and fail rate;
(6) Hire, discharge, establish the job requirements and fix the compensation of the executive director;
(7) Maintain an office, and hire, discharge, establish the job requirements and fix the compensation of employees, investigators and contracted employees necessary to enforce this article;
(8) Investigate alleged violations of this article, legislative rules, orders and final decisions of the board;
(9) Conduct disciplinary hearings of persons regulated by the board;
(10) Determine disciplinary action and issue orders;
(11) Institute appropriate legal action for the enforcement of this article;
(12) Maintain an accurate registry of names and addresses of all persons regulated by the board;
(13) Keep accurate and complete records of its proceedings, and certify the same as may be necessary and appropriate;
(14) Establish the continuing education requirements for licensees;
(15) Issue, renew, combine, deny, suspend, revoke or reinstate licenses and permits;
(16) Establish a fee schedule;
(17) Propose rules in accordance with article three, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code to implement this article; and
(18) Take all other actions necessary and proper to implement this article.
(c) The board may:
(1) Contract with third parties to administer the examinations required under this article;
(2) Sue and be sued in its official name as an agency of this state; and
(3) Confer with the Attorney General or his or her assistant in connection with legal matters and questions.
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.