As used in this article:
(1) "Applicant" means any person making application for a license or a permit under this article.
(2) "Board" means the Board of Social Work.
(3) "Business entity" means any firm, partnership, association, company, corporation, limited partnership, limited liability company or other entity providing social work services.
(4) "Code of Ethics" means the Code of Ethics of the National Association of Social Workers.
(5) "General Supervision" means the supervising social worker provides instructions and oversight for services and is easily accessible.
(6) "Indirect supervision" means the performance of an action after instruction from a supervising social worker.
(7) "License" means a license issued under this article. A license does not mean a provisional license issued under this article.
(8) "Licensee" means a person holding a license under this article. A licensee does not mean a person provisionally licensed under this article.
(9) "Permit" means a temporary permit to practice social work issued by the board.
(10) "Permittee" means a person holding a permit issued under this article.
(11) "Supervising social worker" means a social worker, who meets the requirements of this article, who assumes responsibility for the professional care given by a person authorized by this article to work under his or her general or indirect supervision.
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.