The following persons are exempt from licensure, unless specifically stated in writing by the employer:
(1) A person employed as the director or administrative head of a social service agency or division, or applicants for employment to be licensed;
(2) Licensed or qualified members of other professions, such as physicians, psychologists, lawyers, counselors, clergy, educators, or the general public engaged in social work-like activities, from doing social work consistent with their training if they do not hold themselves out to the public by a title or description incorporating the words "licensed social worker" or "licensed clinical social worker" or a variation thereof;
(3) An employer from performing social work-like activities performed solely for the benefit of employees;
(4) Activities and services of a student, intern, or resident in social work pursuing a course of study at an accredited university or college or working in a generally recognized training center if the activities and services constitute a part of the supervised course of study; and
(5) Pending disposition of the application for a license, activities and services by a person who has recently become a resident of this state, has applied for a license within ninety days of taking up residency in this state, and is licensed to perform the activities and services in the state of former residence.
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.