The following persons are exempt from licensure, unless specifically stated in writing by the employer:
(1) A person employed as the director or administrative head of a social service agency or division, or applicants for employment to be licensed;
(2) Licensed or qualified members of other professions, such as physicians, psychologists, lawyers, counselors, clergy, educators, or the general public engaged in social work-like activities, from doing social work consistent with their training if they do not hold themselves out to the public by a title or description incorporating the words "licensed social worker" or "licensed clinical social worker" or a variation thereof;
(3) An employer from performing social work-like activities performed solely for the benefit of employees;
(4) Activities and services of a student, intern, or resident in social work pursuing a course of study at an accredited university or college or working in a generally recognized training center if the activities and services constitute a part of the supervised course of study; and
(5) Pending disposition of the application for a license, activities and services by a person who has recently become a resident of this state, has applied for a license within ninety days of taking up residency in this state, and is licensed to perform the activities and services in the state of former residence.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.