A provisionally licensed social worker may perform all of the following functions and social work services under supervision:
(1) Multi-dimensional assessment of client or client system strengths and problems with functioning or psychosocial adaptation, not including formal mental health diagnosis.
(2) Service planning and contracting with clients or clients systems to outline proposed interventive strategies for clients or client systems in order to restore or enhance social, psychosocial, or biopsychosocial functioning;
(3) Implementing service plans and problem solving methodologies to restore or enhance social, psychosocial or biospychosocial functioning of clients or client systems;
(4) Supportive and palliative counseling activities, designed to offer comfort and social encouragement to clients or client systems, not including psychotherapy;
(5) Preventive strategies such as psychoeducation and consciousness raising for at-risk systems or populations, designed to forestall difficulties with functioning and psychosocial adaptation;
(6) Case management activities designed to assist clients or client systems with gaining access to needed resources and services and to assist with coordination of services in situations where multiple providers may be involved with client care;
(7) Information and referral services; and
(8) Personal practice assessment designed to assess and document outcomes and effectiveness of one's practice.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2013 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.