(a) The law-enforcement training subcommittee of the Governor's committee on crime, delinquency and corrections is continued and renamed the Law-Enforcement Professional Standards Subcommittee. The subcommittee has the following responsibilities:
(1) Review and administer programs for qualification, training and certification of law-enforcement officers in the state; and
(2) Consider applications by law-enforcement officers whose certification is deemed inactive as a result of his or her separation from employment with a law-enforcement agency.
(b) The subcommittee shall be comprised of eleven members of the Governor's committee including one representative of each of the following:
(1) West Virginia State Police;
(2) Law-enforcement section of the Department of Natural Resources;
(3) West Virginia Sheriffs Association;
(4) West Virginia Association of Chiefs of Police;
(5) West Virginia Deputy Sheriffs Association;
(6) West Virginia State Lodge Fraternal Order of Police;
(7) West Virginia Municipal League;
(8) West Virginia Association of County Officials;
(9) Human Rights Commission;
(10) West Virginia Troopers Association; and
(11) The public at large.
(c) The subcommittee shall elect a chairperson and a vice chairperson. Special meetings may be held upon the call of the chairperson, vice chairperson or a majority of the members of the subcommittee. A majority of the members of the subcommittee constitutes a quorum.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.