WVC 30 - 29 - 2
§30-29-2. Law-enforcement professional standards subcommittee.
(a) The Law-Enforcement Professional Standards Subcommittee is
continued as a subcommittee of the Governor's Committee on Crime,
Delinquency and Correction. The subcommittee has the following
(1) Review and administer programs for qualification, training
and certification of law-enforcement officers in the state; and
(2) Consider applications by law-enforcement officers whose
certification is deemed inactive as a result of his or her
separation from employment with a law-enforcement agency.
(b) The subcommittee shall be comprised of eleven members,
including one representative of each of the following:
(1) West Virginia State Police;
(2) Law-enforcement section of the Department of Natural
(3) West Virginia Sheriffs' Association;
(4) West Virginia Association of Chiefs of Police;
(5) West Virginia Deputy Sheriffs' Association;
(6) West Virginia State Lodge Fraternal Order of Police;
(7) West Virginia Municipal League;
(8) West Virginia Association of County Officials;
(9) Human Rights Commission;
(10) West Virginia Troopers Association; and
(11) The public at large.
(c) The subcommittee shall elect a chairperson and a vice chairperson. Special meetings may be held upon the call of the
chairperson, vice chairperson or a majority of the members of the
subcommittee. A majority of the members of the subcommittee who are
present in person, by proxy or designation, or by electronic means
constitutes a quorum. Any member appointed to the subcommittee who
is a written designated representative has the full rights of a
member, including the right to vote, serve on subcommittees or
perform any other function.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.