(a) The board shall propose rules for legislative approval, in accordance with the provisions of article three, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code, to implement the provisions of this article, including:
(1) Standards and requirements for licenses and permits;
(2) Designate third parties to establish educational requirements and to prepare and/or administer examinations and reexaminations;
(3) Procedures for the issuance and renewal of a license, temporary license and limited permit;
(4) A fee schedule;
(5) Continuing education and competency requirements for licensees;
(6) Establishment of competency standards;
(7) The procedures for denying, suspending, revoking, reinstating or limiting the practice of a licensee or permittee;
(8) Requirements for reinstatement of revoked licenses; and
(9) Any other rules necessary to effectuate the provisions of this article.
(b) The board is authorized to promulgate emergency rules in accordance with section fifteen, article three, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code to establish competency standards for advance treatment techniques as set forth in subdivision six, subsection (a) of this section.
(c) All rules in effect on the effective date of this article shall remain in effect until they are amended or repealed, and references to provisions of former enactments of this article are interpreted to mean provisions of this article.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.